Mail on the iPhone is a rich HTML email client that retrieves your email in the background while you do other things on the iPhone. The iPhone works with the most popular email systems — including Yahoo! Mail, Google email , AOL, and .Mac Mail — as well as other industry-standard POP3 and IMAP email systems. Mail lets you send and receive photos and graphics, which are displayed in your message along with the text. You can also get PDF’s and other attachments and view them on the iPhone.
Setting Up an Email Account on Your iPhone
You can set up and make changes to an email account directly on your iPhone. Your email service provider can provide the account settings you need to enter.
Note: Changes you make on iPhone to an email account synced from your computer are not copied to your computer.
Enter account settings directly on your iPhone
Choose your email account type: In our example "Other"
- Your email address (like email@example.com)
- The email server type (IMAP)
- The host name for the incoming mail server is secure.mesh-internet.co.uk
- The host name for your outgoing mail server is secure.mesh-internet.co.uk
- Outgoing Mail Server: secure.mesh-internet.co.uk